September 21, 2011

Goodnight, Me

While I was working on a bedtime-themed storytime for our preschoolers, I came across this book that I just had to share. The book is called Goodnight, Me by Andrew Daddo. Plenty of active children have a little trouble just settling themselves down to get to sleep. Daddo's book says good night to each body part one-by-one before saying to a now-sleepy orangutan "Goodnight Me."


 I wish I had known about it when my son was younger. Actually, I think I'll take it home and try it on him tonight even though he's 12 now! He has always had trouble sleeping at night. When he was younger,  a doctor suggested that we create a relaxing atmosphere for him and say goodnight to each part of his body slowly. That worked really well for us for awhile. This book is a delightful companion to this idea of calming down your child's body, bit by bit. Combine that with the comfort of reading together and it makes for a nice bedtime book!

Curled Up With a Good Kid's Book offers a longer review on their blog (as well as a number of other book reviews): http://curledupkids.com/gdniteme.htm.

No comments:

Post a Comment